Configure AWS services
Before configuring your Splunk platform deployment to work with your AWS data, make sure that your AWS deployment is properly configured to send data.
- You must have administrator access to your AWS account. If you do not have necessary permissions, work with an AWS administrator to complete the tasks described in this manual.
If your account is in the AWS China region, the add-on only supports the services that AWS supports in that region. For an up-to-date list of what products and services are supported in this region, see AWS China Products or AWS product services.
If your account is in the AWS GovCloud region, the add-on only supports the services that AWS supports in that region. For an up-to-date list of what services and endpoints are supported in this region, see the AWS GovCloud User Guide
Configure AWS Config
The Splunk Add-on for AWS collects events from a Simple Queue Service (SQS) that subscribes to the Simple Notification Service (SNS) notification events from AWS Config. Configure AWS Config to produce SNS notifications, and then create the SQS that the add-on can access. For more information about AWS Config, see the AWS Config documentation.
- Enable AWS Config by following the AWS Config setup guide.
- Specify a new S3 bucket to save the data and an SNS Topic to which Splunk software will stream Config notifications. Do not use an existing bucket or SNS.
- Verify that you have successfully completed the setup process. If you used the AWS console, the Resource Lookup page displays.
- Create a new SQS.
- Subscribe the SQS exclusively to the SNS Topic that you created in Step 2.
- Grant IAM permissions to access the S3 bucket and SQS to the AWS account that the add-on uses to connect to your AWS environment.
Configure Amazon Web Services to collect data
Configure AWS permissions
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 7.2.0, 7.2.1, 7.2.2, 7.2.3, 7.2.4, 7.2.5, 7.2.6, 7.2.7, 7.2.8, 7.2.9, 7.2.10, 7.3.0, 7.3.1, 7.3.2, 7.3.3, 7.3.4, 7.3.5, 7.3.6, 7.3.7, 7.3.8, 7.3.9, 8.0.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.2, 8.0.3, 8.0.4, 8.0.5, 8.0.6, 8.0.7, 8.0.8