Install the Splunk universal forwarder
To forward your data into your Splunk Enterprise deployment, install the universal forwarder on your remote Windows host by completing the following steps:
- Download the Splunk universal forwarder.
- Double-click the MSI file to start the installation.
- Click View License Agreement.
- Select the Check this box to accept the License Agreement check box.
- To change any of the default installation settings, click Customize Options.
- Click Install to install the software with the defaults.
- (Optional) In the Receiving Indexer pane, enter a host name or IP address and the receiving port for the receiving indexer that you want the universal forwarder to send data to, and then click Next.
- Click Install. The installer runs and displays the Installation Completed dialog. The universal forwarder starts automatically.
- From the Control Panel, confirm that the
Enable Windows data collection
Install the Splunk Add-on for Windows on the universal forwarder
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 7.2.0, 7.2.1, 7.2.2, 7.2.3, 7.2.4, 7.2.5, 7.2.6, 7.2.7, 7.2.8, 7.2.9, 7.2.10, 7.3.0, 7.3.1, 7.3.2, 7.3.3, 7.3.4, 7.3.5, 7.3.6, 7.3.7, 7.3.8, 7.3.9, 8.0.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.2, 8.0.3, 8.0.4, 8.0.5, 8.0.6, 8.0.7, 8.0.8