Upload and configure your data
Use the Splunk Web interface to upload the drought monitor data to your Splunk platform instance.
Follow these steps to upload the drought monitor data to your Splunk platform instance:
- Unzip the
- Click Settings > Add Data.
- Click Upload files from my computer.
- Click Select Files and select
us_drought_monitor.csvfrom your files.
- Click Open > Next.
- Ensure Source type is set to
csvand that each of the fields is named correctly.
- Configure the timestamps according to the date of capture. In this file, this information is located in a field entitled
- Click Timestamp.
- Select Extraction > Advanced.
MapDatein the Timestamp fields box.
- Under Timestamp format, enter the
%Y%m%dto allow the indexer to read in the date in the correct format. See Configure timestamp recognition in the Getting Data In Manual for more information about
- (Optional) Save this configuration as a new input type.
- Click Save As to save this input type.
drought_csvin the Name field.
- Click Save.
- Click Next. Ensure the input settings are correct.
- Click Review and then click Submit to upload the file.
- Click Start Searching to view your data.
Locate and download USDM data
Download a California counties shapefile
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk Cloud Platform™: 8.2.2202, 8.2.2112, 8.2.2201, 8.2.2203, 9.0.2205, 9.0.2208, 9.0.2209, 9.0.2303, 9.0.2305 (latest FedRAMP release)