Modify or remove role mappings
When you configure your Splunk platform deployment to use SAML as an authentication scheme, you can authorize groups on your SAML identity provider to log in by mapping them to Splunk user roles. You can map multiple groups to a single user role.
You can also remove roles from existing groups or delete groups entirely. To remove an individual user from a SAML group, consult your IdP documentation.
- In the Settings menu, select Authentication methods.
- Select SAML as your authentication type.
- Click Configure Splunk to use SAML.
- To delete an entire group click Delete for the group you want to remove.
- On the SAML Groups page, click Edit for a group you want to modify.
- Specify the roles that you want to remove from this group by moving the desired roles from the right column to the left column.
- Click Save.
Map groups on a SAML identity provider to Splunk roles
Troubleshoot SAML SSO
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk Cloud Platform™: 8.2.2106, 8.2.2112, 8.2.2201, 8.2.2202, 8.2.2203, 9.0.2205, 9.0.2208, 9.0.2209 (latest FedRAMP release)
Feedback submitted, thanks!