Change an existing data source to use Kafka ingestion
You can change an existing data source to use Kafka ingestion. For example, if you have a large existing data source that is not using Kafka ingestion and is negatively affecting performance, you can change the data source to use Kafka ingestion to try to improve performance.
Perform the following steps to change an existing data source to use Kafka ingestion:
- In Splunk UBA, select Manage > Data Sources.
- Select the data source you want to stop, and then click Stop.
- Click Edit to edit the data source configuration.
- In the Edit Data Source window, select the Kafka Ingestion checkbox in the Connector Type field.
- Navigate through the remainder of the screens, and then click OK at the end to finish modifying the data source.
- On the data source details page, click Start to restart the data source.
Configure Kafka data ingestion
Enable hostname verification for Kafka data ingestion
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® User Behavior Analytics Kafka Ingestion App: 1.3, 1.4, 1.4.1, 1.4.2