Install the Splunk App for Unix and Linux using self service installation on Splunk Cloud
- Click on the Manage Apps button.
- Under the App Management menu, click the Install App button. The Browse More Apps menu appears.
- Search for the Splunk App for Unix and Linux, and click the Install button. Not all apps can be installed using self service installation.
- A Confirmation box appears. Review and click Continue.
- Enter your Splunk.com login credentials, read and accept the login disclaimer, and click Login and Download.
- The unix_summary index is required to populate the alert dashboard. Create the index in Settings on the search head.
- (Optional) If the App Installation Failed window appears, review the apps or add-ons that are listed as app dependencies, review and accept the terms and conditions of the license(s), and click Install to install the app dependencies for the Splunk App for Unix and Linux. Once deployed, your Splunk Cloud instance restarts.
- Log back into your Splunk Cloud deployment. A Complete window appears to show successful installation of the Splunk App for Unix and Linux.
- Review the Complete window for release notes and source package review, and click View Apps.
- On the App Management page, review the installed apps.
Install the Splunk App for Unix and Linux in a distributed Splunk environment
Enable data and scripted inputs
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® App for Unix and Linux: 6.0.0, 6.0.1