Install the Splunk Platform Upgrade Readiness App
Install the Splunk Platform Upgrade Readiness App on all instances of your Splunk platform deployment that run apps or on a single test Splunk platform instance with all your apps installed on it.
To install the Upgrade Readiness App, you must have installed Splunk Enterprise version 7.1, 7.2, or 7.3 with apps or add-ons. You must also have KV store enabled.
To limit the performance impact of running scans, install the Upgrade Readiness App on a single test Splunk platform instance. Install all of your apps and add-ons on this test instance, then install the Upgrade Readiness App and run scans there.
Memory usage and scan time are proportional to the cumulative size of the Python files across all of your apps. For example, a Splunk Enterprise 7.3.0 instance with about 9,000 Python files across 15 apps might take about 75-100 minutes to complete a scan. The user session timeout limit is 60 minutes by default, so change your limit before conducting large scans. For more information, see Configure user sessions timeouts.
Install the app on an unclustered Splunk Enterprise instance
You must have the
admin_all_objects capability to install the app.
Follow these steps to install an app on an unclustered search head, forwarder, or single-instance Splunk Enterprise deployment:
- If you have installed a previous version of the Upgrade Readiness App, delete that version and clear your cache before you install the Upgrade Readiness App version 2.0.
- Download the Upgrade Readiness App from Splunkbase.
- From the Splunk Web home screen, click the gear icon next to Apps.
- Click Install app from file.
- Locate the downloaded file and click Upload.
The app icon for the Upgrade Readiness App is not visible until you restart your instance.
Install the app to a search head cluster
To deploy the app to the search head cluster members, use the deployer. See Use the deployer to distribute apps and configuration updates in Distributed Search in the Splunk Enterprise documentation.
Install the app in Splunk Cloud
You can also install the Upgrade Readiness App with Splunk Cloud 7.1, 7.2, or 7.3:
- If you have a single-instance deployment, use self-service install.
- If you have a distributed deployment, you cannot use self-service install to install the Upgrade Readiness App. Submit a case using the Splunk Support Portal to request this app on your Splunk Cloud instance.
About the Splunk Platform Upgrade Readiness App
Manage permissions for the Splunk Platform Upgrade Readiness App
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Platform Upgrade Readiness App: 2.0.0