Hardware and software requirements for the Splunk Add-on for Windows
Here are the hardware and software requirements for the Splunk Add-on for Windows:
Splunk admin requirements
To install and configure the Splunk Add-on for Windows, you must be member of the
Hardware and operating system requirements
The Splunk Add-on for Windows installs onto any type of Splunk Enterprise instance. On universal forwarders, you must configure the add-on with configuration files.
The add-on installs on Splunk Enterprise instances that run on many current versions of Windows, including:
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2012/2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
The add-on does not support:
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows 7
- Windows 95/98/Me
- Windows NT Workstation/Server 3.1/3.5/4.0
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows 2000 Workstation/Server
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
For details about supported versions of Windows for Splunk, see System requirements in the Splunk Enterprise Installation Manual.
Splunk platform requirements
Because this add-on runs on the Splunk platform, all of the system requirements apply to the Splunk software that you use to run this add-on.
- For Splunk Enterprise system requirements, see System Requirements in the Splunk Enterprise Installation Manual.
- If you plan to run this add-on entirely in Splunk Cloud, there are no additional Splunk platform requirements.
- If you are managing on-premises forwarders to get data into Splunk Cloud, see System Requirements in the Splunk Enterprise Installation Manual, which includes information about forwarders.
Release notes for the Splunk Add-on for Windows
Installation and configuration overview for the Splunk Add-on for Windows
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Add-on for Windows: 8.1.2
Feedback submitted, thanks!