Install Splunk Connect for Zoom on a single instance Splunk Enterprise deployment
In a single-instance Splunk Enterprise deployment, your Splunk Enterprise instance serves as a receiver, an indexer, and a search head.
To get data from your data source into your Splunk Enterprise instance, configure a receiver and a forwarder. The receiver is your Splunk Enterprise instance. You install the forwarder on your data host to send data to the receiver.
Enable a receiver using Splunk Web
- Log into the receiver as an Admin.
- Click Settings > Forwarding and receiving.
- For Configure receiving, click Add new.
- You can use the
netstattool to determine what ports are available on your system. Make sure that Splunk Web or splunkd is not using the port you select.
- Specify the TCP port you want to make the receiving port.
- Click Save. The Splunk software begins to receive incoming data on the port you specified.
- Restart the Splunk software.
Install on a single instance Splunk platform deployment
- Download Splunk Connect for Zoom from Splunkbase.
- Place the resulting download folder in the
$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/appsdirectory on your heavy forwarder.
- Extract the Splunk Connect for Zoom.
- Restart the heavy forwarder using the command
Configure inputs on a single instance Splunk platform deployment
Configure Splunk Connect for Zoom to receive data from your Zoom deployment.
Configure a Zoom webhook input
Configure a Zoom webhook input to connect your Splunk platform deployment to your Zoom platform deployment.
- In Splunk Web, navigate to Settings > Data Inputs.
- Navigate to the Zoom input, and click Add New
- Use the following table to fill in the fields. Change fields to fit the parameters of your environment.
Parameter Value Name Zoom Port 4443 SSL Certificate File
SSL Certificate Key File
Set sourcetype Manual Sourcetype
Host <Leave as is> Index
- Click Next.
- Click Done.
Configure Zoom to send data
Configure your Zoom deployment to collect and send data to your Splunk platform deployment.
Create Zoom Webhook Only App
Create a Zoom Webhook Only App.
- Navigate to marketplace.zoom.us/ and log in to your Zoom account
- Click Develop > Build App
- Follow the steps to create a Webhook Only App
- Fill in the following App Information:
- App Name
- Short Description
- Company Name
- Developer Name
- Developer Email Address
- Click Continue.
- Enable Event Subscriptions.
- Click the Add new event subscription button.
- Enter the following information:
- Subscription Name (For example, Splunk)
- Event notification endpoint URL (For example, https://example.com:4443)
- Click the Add events button.
- Subscribe to any Webhook Events you want. See the Zoom Webhook Reference page for more information.
- Click Save.
- Click Continue.
- Activate the Webhook Only App
Install Splunk Connect for Zoom on a distributed Splunk Enterprise deployment
Upgrade Splunk Connect for Zoom
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Connect for Zoom: 1.0.1
Feedback submitted, thanks!