Insert an asset ID as a form input in Splunk AR
Use a token in a form input with Splunk AR to use an asset ID in other AR workspaces and Splunk dashboards. To learn more about tokens in form inputs, see Tokens in form inputs in the Splunk Enterprise Dashboards and Visualizations manual.
You must use a text form input in Splunk AR. When you scan an asset, Splunk AR replaces the input with the asset ID. You can then use the token for other queries in Splunk AR.
Complete the following requirements before inserting an asset ID as a form input in Splunk AR:
- Install the Splunk App for AR on your search head.
- Ensure you have the right user permissions.
- Have compatible dashboards on your Splunk platform instance. See Visualization support for the Connected Experiences apps in the Splunk Secure Gateway Release Notes manual for more information about compatible visualizations.
- Register an asset.
- In Splunk Web, create a dashboard with a text form input.
- Name the token for the form input ar.assetID.
- In the Splunk App for AR, register an asset.
See Associate objects with dashboards in the Splunk App for AR to learn how to register an asset.
- Associate the dashboard with the form input to the asset.
Associate objects with dashboards in the Splunk App for AR with asset tags
About Splunk AR object detection
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® App for Augmented Reality: 1.0.0