Hardware and software requirements for the Splunk Add-on for Oracle Database
Splunk admin requirements
To install and configure the Splunk Add-on for Oracle Database, you must be member of the admin or sc_admin role.
Oracle Database setup requirements
- You must have Splunk DB Connect installed to your heavy forwarders or single instance Splunk Enterprise in order to collect data for inventory and performance events with this add-on. This version of the Splunk Add-on for Oracle Database works with DB Connect version 3.X. For information about installing DB Connect, refer to Splunk DB Connect documentation.
- Unified Auditing has to be enabled in Oracle Database.
- If you do not want to collect data based on database entries, you do not need to install DB Connect and thus you can use a universal or light forwarder instead of a heavy forwarder for your monitor inputs. In this scenario, do not include any of the DB Connect-dependent input stanzas in your
local/inputs.conf, or you will see errors on startup.
Splunk platform requirements
Because this add-on runs on the Splunk platform, all of the system requirements apply for the Splunk software that you use to run this add-on.
- For Splunk Enterprise system requirements, see System Requirements in the Splunk Enterprise Installation Manual.
- If you are managing on-premises forwarders to get data into Splunk Cloud, see System Requirements in the Splunk Enterprise Installation Manual, which includes information about forwarders.
Release history of the Splunk Add-on for Oracle Database
Installation and configuration overview for the Splunk Add-on for Oracle Database
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Supported Add-ons: released