Upgrade the Splunk Add-on for Oracle Database
Use the Install the Splunk Add-on for Oracle Database topic in this manual to install a new version of this add-on. Two new sourcetypes were added
oracle:connections:poolStats that may need to be reflected as an Oracle database input in DB Connect.
oracle:sqlMonitor can be used for Oracle versions 19c and above
Upgrade from version 3.5.0 or later to 4.0.1 or later
When upgrading from version 3.5.0 or later to 4.0.1 or later, no change is required for file monitoring inputs. Version 4.0.1 of the Splunk Add-on for Oracle Database included multiple updates to sourcetypes, based on database entries. Update all Oracle database input in DB Connect to reflect the modifications:
- In a Splunk instance with Splunk DB Connect installed, open Splunk DB Connect.
- Navigate to the Inputs tab.
- Select an input that uses an updated template. Use the Template column to filter your inputs by template.
- In the Actions column, click Edit. The Edit input window appears.
- In the Edit input window, click the Refresh icon on the right side.
- Once the query is reloaded, click the Execute SQL button to execute the updated query.
In some cases, none of the row is returned. This happens when dealing with sourcetype with a rising mode like
- Click Next.
- Save your changes.
Install the Splunk Add-on for Oracle Database
Configure monitor inputs for the Splunk Add-on for Oracle Database
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Supported Add-ons: released