Download topic as PDF
Installation overview for the Splunk Add-on for Tomcat
Install and configure this add-on on your supported platform.
- Download the add-on from Splunkbase.
- If you want to collect performance metrics, install the latest version of Splunk Add-on for Java Management Extensions (JMX) on the Splunk Enterprise instance responsible for JMX data collection, usually a heavy forwarder.
- Install the Splunk Add-On for Tomcat.
- If collecting performance metrics, configure JMX inputs for the Splunk Add-on for Tomcat.
- Set up the Splunk Add-on for Tomcat to configure the modular input for thread information and monitor inputs for local logs.
- Enable and validate inputs for the Splunk Add-on for Tomcat.
- Enable saved searches for the Splunk Add-on for Tomcat.
Last modified on 24 February, 2023
Hardware and software requirements for the Splunk Add-on for Tomcat
Source types for the Splunk Add-on for Tomcat
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Supported Add-ons: released
Feedback submitted, thanks!