Install the Splunk Add-on for VMware in a cloud environment
This table outlines a distributed deployment installation of the Splunk Add-on for VMware on a cloud environment.
To collect the data from your VMware environment you have to install the packages on your on-premises data collection node, scheduler, and log forwarder. Follow the steps in Install the Splunk Add-on for VMware in on-premises environment for the installation steps for data collection node, scheduler, and log forwarder components.
|Splunkbase Add-on||Component||Search head||Scheduler (DCS)||Indexer||Data Collection Node (DCN)||Dedicated ESXi log forwarder||Dedicated vCenter log forwarder|
|Splunk Add-on for VMware||Splunk_TA_vmware
|Splunk Add-on for ESXi Logs||Splunk_TA_esxilogs||X||X|
|Splunk Add-on for vCenter Logs||Splunk_TA_vcenter||X||X|
|Splunk Add-on for VMware Indexes||SA-VMWIndex||X|
|Splunk Add-on for VMware Extractions||TA-VMW-FieldExtractions||X|
Install the Splunk Add-on VMware and prerequisite add-ons on the cloud environment
The packages included in Splunk Add-on for VMware (SA-Hydra, Splunk_TA_vmware) aren't required in cloud environments (Indexer/Search Head). Follow these steps to install the prerequisite add-ons on the respective tier on the Splunk cloud environment.
- Log in to your search head.
- On the Splunk Web home page, click Find More Apps.
- Search for these add-ons and click Install.
- Splunk Add-on for VMware ESXi Logs
- Splunk Add-on for vCenter Logs
- Splunk Add-on for VMware Indexes
- Splunk Add-on for VMware Extractions
- Enter your Splunk.com login credentials, read and accept the terms and conditions, and click Login and Install.
- Go to Apps > Manage Apps to review the installed app on the Apps page.
Configure Splunk Add-on for VMware performance data collection
Upgrade to the Splunk Add-on for VMware 4.0.2
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Supported Add-ons: released