View alerts and dashboards with Splunk Mobile for Apple Watch
You can view alerts and dashboards on your Apple Watch using Splunk Mobile.
Splunk Mobile for Apple Watch supports line charts, bar charts, pie charts, and single value visualizations. Other visualizations, including custom HTML visualizations, are not supported at this time.
To use Splunk Mobile for Apple Watch, complete the following steps:
- Download Splunk Mobile for Apple Watch.
- Splunk Secure Gateway is enabled on your Splunk platform instance by an admin.
- Log in to a Splunk platform instance.
- Have saved dashboards in your Splunk platform instance. For more information on creating dashboards, see Create dashboards and panels.
View an alert by opening a push notification. To view a list of all your alerts, tap Alerts in the Apple Watch Splunk Mobile UI.
Splunk Mobile for Apple Watch does not support a response option or alert sharing.
In the Apple Watch Splunk Mobile UI, tap Dashboards to view your dashboards.
Splunk Mobile for Apple Watch does not support dashboard sharing.
Pin a visualization to your Apple Watch face
You can pin a visualization to Apple Watch faces that support complications.
With a Series 4 Apple Watch, you can pin a single value, line, bar, or pie chart to the watch face.
With a Series 3 Apple Watch, you can pin a single value visualization to the watch face. You cannot pin a line, bar, or pie chart on a Series 3 Apple Watch.
Due to iOS limitations, pinned visualizations do not follow any refresh intervals defined in dashboard XML.
- On your Apple Watch, select a watch face that supports complications, such as Modular. See "Switch to a different face" in Change your Apple Watch face to learn how to switch watch faces.
- Add Splunk Mobile as a complication. See "Customize your watch face" in Change your Apple Watch face to learn more about customizing watch faces and complications.
To pin a line, bar, or pie chart, customize the center complication.
- In the Splunk Mobile app on your Apple Watch, navigate to a visualization that you want to pin.
- Firmly press the display.
- Tap Pin to watch face. The visualization pins to your Apple Watch face.
Watch faces without customizable complications do not support pinned Splunk Mobile visualizations.
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Mobile for iOS: 1.2.0, 1.2.1, 1.3.0, 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 1.4.0, 1.4.1, 1.4.2, 1.5.0, 1.7.0, 1.8.0, 2.0.0, 2.0.1, 2.1.0, 2.2.0, 2.2.1, 2.2.2, 2.2.3, 2.2.4, 2.3.0, 2.4.0, 2.5.0, 2.6.0, 2.7.0, 2.8.0, 2.9.0, 2.10.0, 2.11.0, 2.12.0, 2.12.1, 2.13.0, 2.14.0, 2.15.0, 2.16.0, 2.17.0, 2.18.0, 2.19.0, 2.20.0, 2.21.0, 2.22.0, 2.23.0, 2.24.0, 2.25.0, 2.26.0, 2.27.0, 2.28.0, 2.29.0, 2.29.1, 2.30.0, 2.31.0, 2.31.1