for Splunk Cloud Platform allows you to quickly and easily configure data ingestion from a variety of data sources. Data Manager features an intuitive user interface, automation of prerequisites such as scripts to set up resources in the data source, functional intelligence relevant to the respective data source (for example, multiple accounts support in the AWS data source), and index-time transformation.
Data Manager is supported on versions 8.2.2104.1 and later of the Splunk Cloud software.
Logging in and getting started with Data Manager
Complete the following steps to get started:
- Log into Splunk Cloud using Splunk-provided credentials.
- Save the email that contains the credentials. It contains a Forgot Password link, in case you need to reset your password.
- Change your password at the prompt.
- Sign the terms and conditions.
- Start onboarding or take the product tour.
Data Manager walks you through adding existing data sources so that you can monitor and investigate any alerts that impact the security state of your environment. It also helps you to see which services you are ingesting, but not yet using, so that you can expand your security coverage.
Share usage data with Splunk
This documentation applies to the following versions of Data Manager: 1.6.1