Deserialize and preview data from Google Cloud Pub/Sub in DSP
When you create a data pipeline in the to ingest data from a Google Cloud Pub/Sub topic using the Google Cloud Pub/Sub source function, the ingested data is encoded as bytes. To view the data as human-readable strings during data preview, you must deserialize the data.
To ingest data from Google Cloud Pub/Sub into a DSP pipeline, you must have a connection to a Google Cloud Pub/Sub topic. See Create a DSP connection to Google Cloud Pub/Sub.
- From the home page, click Create Pipeline and then select Google Cloud Pub/Sub as your data source.
- Configure the Google Cloud Pub/Sub source function to use your Google Cloud Pub/Sub connection and get data from your Pub/Sub topic. See Get data from Google Cloud Pub/Sub.
- On the pipeline canvas, click the + icon next to the Google Cloud Pub/Sub function and then select Eval from the function picker.
- On the View Configurations tab, enter the following SPL2 expression in the function field:
- Click the Start Preview button and click the Eval function on the pipeline canvas to confirm that the data in the
bodyfield has been deserialized from bytes into strings.
- (Optional) Click the Stop Preview button and continue building your pipeline by adding new functions to it.
Create a DSP connection to Google Cloud Pub/Sub
Connecting Google Cloud Storage to your DSP pipeline as a data destination
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Data Stream Processor: 1.2.0, 1.2.1-patch02, 1.2.1, 1.2.2-patch02