All DSP releases prior to DSP 1.4.0 use Gravity, a Kubernetes orchestrator, which has been announced end-of-life. We have replaced Gravity with an alternative component in DSP 1.4.0. Therefore, we will no longer provide support for versions of DSP prior to DSP 1.4.0 after July 1, 2023. We advise all of our customers to upgrade to DSP 1.4.0 before July 1, 2023 in order to continue to receive full product support from Splunk.
Configure connections to external services
In order to connect the Splunk Data Stream Processor to an external service, you must create a connection with the appropriate connector and then use the connection in your data pipeline. Each connector lets you use a specific external service as a data source, or a data destination, or both.
Currently, you can use the following connectors to access an external service as a data source:
You can use the following connectors to access an external service as a data destination:
- The Write Connector for Amazon S3
- The Connector for Splunk Observability
- The Splunk Enterprise Connector
Connections from the following connectors can be used to reach both data sources and data destinations:
- The Connector for Amazon Kinesis Data Streams. See the following:
- The Connector for Microsoft Azure Event Hubs. See the following:
- The SSL Connector for Kafka and the No-Authentication Connector for Kafka. See the following:
Cluster configuration options
Data retention policies
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Data Stream Processor: 1.4.0, 1.4.1
Feedback submitted, thanks!