Creating, sharing, and deleting models in the Machine Learning Toolkit
The Splunk Machine Learning Toolkit (MLTK) provides custom search commands for machine learning. These commands use model files to store machine learning algorithm results on a dataset. This model can then be applied to other datasets.
Models are Splunk platform knowledge objects with configurable sharing and permissions.
Under the Models tab of the MLTK navigation bar, access any models created using the
fit command on the Search tab, or those made using the Classic layout of the guided modeling Assistants.
Creating and using models
By default, MLTK models created with the
fit command are created in the namespace of the user who ran the search. Models are created using the
fit command and applied to datasets using the
apply command. For more details, see:
For further details on the
apply commands, see Understanding the fit and apply commands.
Sharing models from other Splunk apps
The MLTK can access pre-trained models provided by other Splunk apps, provided the following setting are in place:
- The model to be shared has its sharing level set to global using standard knowledge object access settings.
- The model to be shared does not have the same name as a model that already exists in the MLTK.
For information on knowledge object access settings, see the Knowledge Manager Manual.
For more information about building custom Splunk apps, see the Develop apps and add-ons for Splunk Enterprise in the Splunk developer portal.
You can also delete models through the Models page. Follow these steps to delete a model:
- Click Models on the MLTK navigation bar.
- On the Models page, select the model that needs deletion.
- Click Delete in the Actions column.
- In the Delete Model window, click Delete again to verify that you want to delete the model.
Cluster Numeric Events Classic Assistant workflow
Model permissions in the Machine Learning Toolkit
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Machine Learning Toolkit: 4.4.0, 4.4.1, 4.4.2, 4.5.0, 5.0.0