This topic discusses the Network Activity page, which shows you information about the network activity that has been collected from your Windows hosts.
How to use this page
Choose a list box to filter network activity based on that filter. You can either select an entry from the list box or select the search field and type in an entry. When you type in a string, the page only matches entries for events that have been collected previously.
You can choose or enter data from one of the following filters:
- Local Host: Where the network transaction originated.
- Direction: Whether the transaction was inbound or outbound from the local host.
- Protocol: The protocol of the network activity (TCP or UDP).
- Packet Type: The type of packet that was used in the transaction, one of "connect", "accept", or "transport".
- Remote Host: Where the network transaction was destined.
- Remote Port: The remote port that the network transaction used.
- Local Port: The local port that the network transaction used.
- Process Name: The program that initiated the network transaction.
- User Name: The user that initiated the network transaction.
The Network Information pane shows all network transactions that apply to the filters you set. You can use the time picker in the upper right to limit the range of data that the panel shows.
Host Monitoring Services
Top Hosts and Processes
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® App for Windows Infrastructure: 1.4.1, 1.4.2, 1.4.3, 1.4.4, 1.5.0, 1.5.1