Sample searches and dashboards
This topic lists searches that you can perform to confirm that Windows data has arrived at the indexer.
Search Active Directory data
To confirm that Active Directory data is present on the indexer, use the Search app:
- Log into Splunk Enterprise on the indexer, if you have not already.
- Load the Search app. In the system bar, select Apps > Search & Reporting. Splunk loads the Search app.
- Try the following searches to confirm that data is present:
This search confirms that the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Active Directory is sending data to the indexer:
This search confirms that the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Active Directory has been installed properly on the deployment client named <host_name>:
index=msad host=<host_name> earliest=1h
Can't find the data?
Try the following:
- Use Forwarder Management to confirm that the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Active Directory has been deployed to your deployment clients.
- Refer to the Troubleshooting manual for additional help.
Confirm and troubleshoot AD data collection
Configure Windows Domain Name Server
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® App for Windows Infrastructure (Legacy): 1.4.1, 1.4.2, 1.4.3, 1.4.4, 1.5.0, 1.5.1
Feedback submitted, thanks!