MINT user roles
To use the Splunk MINT App, a user must be assigned to one of the following predefined MINT roles:
- mint_user: This role inherits capabilities from the power user role. Users can access MINT dashboards and reports.
- mint_admin: This role has the same capabilities as mint_user. This role can also:
- Create, manage, and delete projects.
- Configure the app, which includes setting the CDS token, enabling the MINT modular input, and enabling acceleration of the MINT data model.
Assign the admin_all_objects capability
Assign admin_all_objects capability to the mint_admin role.
- Log into Splunk Web on the search head.
- Go to Settings > Roles .
- Click on mint_admin > Capabilities .
- Add the admin_all_objects capability.
- Click Save .
- If you are installing or configuring the Splunk MINT App, you must be assigned to the mint_admin role.
- If you are using Splunk Free, you are automatically assigned all roles.
Use the Splunk MINT App
The MINT data model
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk MINT™ App (Legacy): 3.0.2