The requirements for the Splunk MINT App are:
- Splunk Enterprise 7.3.x
- Splunk Enterprise 8.0.0, Python 2 and Python 3
- Splunk Enterprise 8.1.0, Python 2 and Python 3
- Splunk Enterprise 8.2.0, Python 2 and Python 3
- The Splunk MINT Add-on.
Before you install Splunk MINT App, see the Splunk Enterprise Capacity Planning Manual for information about hardware capacity planning, deployment scaling, hardware recommendations, and performance recommendations.
For reference hardware, see Reference machine for distributed deployments in the Capacity Planning Manual.
Capacity planning for search heads and indexers
Use the following guideline for capacity planning for search heads and indexers:
- Expect an indexing volume of 20GB/day for every 1 million monthly active users (MAU)
The indexing volume of data that is collected by Splunk MINT depends on the complexity of your instrumented mobile apps, the number of sessions, and the length of sessions. Based on your daily indexing volume and the number of Splunk users you expect, use the guidelines in Summary of performance recommendations in the Capacity Planning Manual to plan the capacity for your search heads and indexers.
Capacity planning for heavy/light forwarders
Use the following guideline for capacity planning for heavy/light forwarders:
- Use at least one forwarder with the MINT modular input per 10 million MAU
The MINT Data Collector can cache 100MB of raw data.
- You might experience a loss of data if you don't pull data fast enough or if there is sudden spike in traffic.
- The cached data in the MINT Data Collector will be purged if you don't pull data for 24 hours.
To avoid data loss, you should properly provision forwarders that run the Splunk MINT modular input, which is part of the Splunk MINT Add-on package, and configure these forwarders to continuously retrieve data from the MINT Data Collector. The MINT Support team will contact you if you need more forwarders due to increased traffic.
Learn more and get help
Install and configure the Splunk MINT App
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk MINT™ App (Legacy): 3.0.2