Create custom status labels in Splunk Phantom
You can create additional status labels for the events and cases in Splunk Phantom as needed for your business processes.
Statuses are grouped into three categories: New, Open, and Resolved. You can create up to 10 total status labels in Splunk Phantom.
Status label rules
Status labels must adhere to the following rules:
- At least one status label must exist for each of the status categories.
- The labels New, Open, and Closed are available upon upgrade. These three labels can be deleted, removing them from the active list. These labels cannot be renamed because they are required for backwards compatibility with apps and playbooks.
To maintain backwards compatibility with apps and existing playbooks, if the status labels New, Open, or Closed have been deleted, ingestion apps and the REST API can still assign the statuses New, Open, and Closed to containers.
Create a status label in Splunk Phantom
To create a status label, follow these steps:
- From the main menu, select Administration.
- Select Event Settings > Status.
- Click Add Item in the status category where you want to create the new status label.
- Type the new status name. The status label name must adhere to the following conditions:
- Only ASCII characters a-z, 0-9, dash ( - ), or underscores ( _ ) are allowed.
- The name cannot exceed 20 characters in length.
- Click Add Item.
To reorder status labels, drag the handle ( ☰ ) on the left side of the status label's input box to the desired position.
To delete a status label, click the circled x ( ⓧ ) to the right of the status label's input box.
To set the status label used as the default label for that status type, select the desired label from the drop-down list in the Default status field.
Use data retention strategies to schedule and manage your database cleanup
Create custom severity names
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Phantom: 4.8, 4.9, 4.10, 4.10.1, 4.10.2, 4.10.3, 4.10.4, 4.10.6, 4.10.7