Get started with the Splunk Supporting Add-on for NetApp
You now have the Splunk Supporting Add-on for NetApp installed in your environment and you have it configured to collect data from your ONTAP servers. You can now log into Splunk Web to validate that you're collecting the data you want and that the data is correct.
- You have a Splunk Enterprise username and password that you can use to log into the Splunk Supporting Add-on for NetApp. Contact your system administrator for more information.
- The Splunk Supporting Add-on for NetApp is set up to run on a search head and you have network access to it.
Access the Splunk Supporting Add-on for NetApp
To log into Splunk Web and access the Splunk Supporting Add-on for NetApp:
- Confirm that Splunk Enterprise is running in your environment.
- Open a browser and log into Splunk Web on your search head. Access Splunk Web at http://<hostname>:port, where hostname is the host system and port is the port you specified during the installation. The default port is 8000.
- Log in using the default login, username=admin and password=changeme.
- When using a Splunk Enterprise license, launching Splunk Web for the first time takes you to the login screen. Follow the message that asks you to authenticate with the default credentials.
- When you sign in with your default password, you're asked to create a new password. You can either skip this step or create a new password. You don't need to authenticate to use Splunk Enterprise with a free license. In this case, when you start Splunk Web you're directed to the home page or to the default app for your account.
- To navigate to the add-on, click App > Splunk Supporting Add-on for NetApp.
Overview of the dashboards available in the supporting add-on
The following dashboards are available in the add-on:
- Controller View
- Cluster View
- Aggregate Detail
- Volume Detail
- Disk Detail
- QTree Detail
- LUN Detail
For more detailed descriptions of each of the dashboards, see Dashboard reference for the Splunk Supporting Add-on for NetApp.
Install the Splunk Supporting Add-on for NetApp
Dashboard reference for the Splunk Supporting Add-on for NetApp
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Supporting Add-on for NetApp: 1.0.1