Troubleshoot the Splunk Metrics Workspace
You might encounter the following issues while using the Splunk Metrics Workspace.
Error message on app setup page
After downloading and installing the Splunk Metrics Workspace, you cannot open the application. You see a message prompting you to upgrade Splunk Enterprise.
You are running an unsupported version of Splunk Enterprise. The Splunk Metrics Workspace requires Splunk Enterprise version 7.1 or later.
Upgrade to a supported version of Splunk Enterprise. For more information, see How to upgrade Splunk Enterprise in the Installation Manual.
Error message during data selection
You are unable to select a data source to view in the workspace. An error message appears in the Data panel, for metrics data, or in the main panel, for datasets.
You do not have the
list_metrics_catalog capability assigned to your username.
Contact your administrator to verify your user capabilities.
Data panel does not contain metrics
No metrics data sources are listed in the Data panel.
No metrics have been ingested within the past 24 hours. There might be an issue with the technical add-ons and agents you use to send and ingest metrics.
- Verify that no metrics have been ingested within the past 24 hours.
- Investigate whether the technical add-ons and agents you use to ingest metrics are functioning properly.
For a step-by-step use case for uploading and analyzing metrics data, see Analyzing data in the Splunk Metrics Workspace.
Data panel does not contain datasets
No datasets are listed in the Data panel.
Datasets are not accelerated.
- Verify that the dataset is shared with you.
- Click the Datasets tab on the Splunk Enterprise Search & Reporting navigation bar.
- Check whether the dataset is accelerated. Accelerated datasets are designated by the icon.
For more information, see Accelerate data models in the Knowledge Manager Manual.
Chart does not contain data
You are able to select a data source, but no data appears on the chart.
The following conditions are possible causes of this issue:
- There is no data within your selected time range.
- There is no data using your selected filters.
- You do not have access to the underlying index for the data.
- Expand the time range to view a wider range of data.
- In the Analysis Panel of the Metrics Workspace, adjust the filters to include a wider range of values.
- Contact your administrator to verify your permissions.
For more information about Metrics Workspace permissions and capabilities, see Hardware and software requirements for the Splunk Metrics Workspace.
Hardware and software requirements for the Splunk Metrics Workspace
Share data in the Splunk Metrics Workspace
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Metrics Workspace (Legacy): 1.0.0, 1.0.1