Allow only MDM-configured devices to log in to a Splunk platform instance
You can restrict registration to only devices with an Mobile Device Management (MDM) configuration. When this feature is enabled, users using the following authentication methods are able to log in to the Splunk platform instance:
- MDM in-app registration
- SAML authentication with MDM in-app registration
- MDM with authentication code
This feature restricts devices without an MDM configuration from logging into the Splunk platform instance.
To learn more about MDM, see About MDM and in-app registration.
Complete the following before allowing only MDM-configured devices to log in:
- Have the admin role.
- Set up MDM and in-app registration. See Set up MDM and in-app registration for iOS devices or Set up MDM and in-app registration for Android devices.
Here's how to allow only MDM-configured devices to log in:
- Navigate to the Administration tab of Splunk Secure Gateway.
- Click Configure in the Mobile Device Management panel.
- Use the toggle under Restrict login to MDM and SAML users to enable the feature.
Set up MDM and in-app registration for the Connected Experiences apps
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Secure Gateway: 2.8.4 Cloud only, 2.9.1 Cloud only, 2.9.3 Cloud only, 2.9.4 Cloud only, 3.0.9, 3.1.2 Cloud only, 3.2.0 Cloud only, 3.3.0 Cloud only, 3.4.251, 3.5.15 Cloud only