Admin tasks with Splunk Web
Splunk Web is the browser-based interface for the Splunk platform. Here are just a few of the things you can do in Splunk Web:
- Configure your data inputs
- Search data and report and visualize results
- Investigate problems
- Manage users natively or via LDAP strategies
- Troubleshoot Splunk deployments
- Manage clusters and peers
Refer to the system requirements for a list of supported operating systems and browsers.
Splunk Web provides a convenient interface for managing most aspects of Splunk platform operations. Most of the functions can be accessed by clicking Settings in the menu. From here you can:
Manage your data
Under Settings > Data you can do the following:
- Data Inputs Lets you view a list of data types and configure them. To add an input, click the Add data button in the Data Inputs page. For more information about how to add data, see the Getting Data In manual.
- Forwarding and receiving lets you set up your forwarders and receivers. For more information about setting up forwarding and receiving, see the Forwarding Data manual.
- Indexes lets you add, disable, and enable indexes.
- Report acceleration summaries takes you to the searching and reporting app to lets you review your existing report summaries. For more information about creating report summaries, see the Knowledge Manager Manual.
Manage users and user authentication
By navigating to Settings > Users and Authentication > Access Control you can do the following:
- Create and manage users
- Define and assign roles
- Set up LDAP authentication strategies
For more information about working with users and authentication, see Securing Splunk Enterprise.
Work with Apps
To see your installed apps, select Apps in the menu bar.
From this page, you can select an app from a list of those you have already installed and are currently available to you. From here you can also access the following menu options:
- Find more Apps lets you search for and install additional apps.
- Manage Apps lets you manage your existing apps.
You can also access all of your apps in the Home page.
For more information about apps, see Developing views and apps for Splunk Web.
Manage aspects of your system
The options under Settings > System let you do the following:
- Server settings lets you manage Splunk platform settings like ports, host name, index paths, email server, and system logging and deployment client information. For more about configuring and managing distributed environments with Splunk Web, see the Updating Splunk Components manual.
- Server controls lets you restart the Splunk platform.
- Licensing lets you manage and renew your Splunk licenses.
Launch Splunk Web
Splunk Enterprise summary dashboard
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 6.5.7, 7.0.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.0.4, 7.0.5, 7.0.6, 7.0.7, 7.0.8, 7.0.9, 7.0.10, 7.0.11, 7.0.13, 7.1.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.1.3, 7.1.4, 7.1.5, 7.1.6, 7.1.7, 7.1.8, 7.1.9, 7.1.10, 7.2.0, 7.2.1, 7.2.2, 7.2.3, 7.2.4, 7.2.5, 7.2.6, 7.2.7, 7.2.8, 7.2.9, 7.2.10, 7.3.0, 7.3.1, 7.3.2, 7.3.3, 7.3.4, 7.3.5, 7.3.6, 7.3.7, 7.3.8, 7.3.9, 8.0.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.2, 8.0.3, 8.0.4, 8.0.5, 8.0.6, 8.0.7, 8.0.8, 8.0.9, 8.0.10, 8.1.0, 8.1.1, 8.1.2, 8.1.3, 8.1.4, 8.1.5, 8.1.6, 8.1.7, 8.1.8, 8.1.9, 8.1.10, 8.1.11, 8.2.0, 8.2.1, 8.2.2, 8.2.3, 8.2.4, 8.2.5, 8.2.6, 8.2.7, 9.0.0, 9.0.1