Add and edit users
To create a new user:
- From the main menu, go to Settings > Access Controls.
- Click New User.
- In the Name field, provide a user name. This is usually the short name for the user.
- In the Full Name field, provide the full name of your user.
- In the Email Address field, provide the user's email address.
- In the Set password field, create a password.
- Confirm the user's new password in the Confirm Password field.
- Select the user's time zone in the Time Zone field.
- In the Default App field, select the app that the user will land in by default. The default is "Home". "Search" is a common default app as well.
- In Assign to Roles, you can select any roles that you want for your user.
- Click Create a role for user if you want to user's new assignments to be created as a role assigned specifically to this user.
- Check Require password change on first login to force your user to immediately change their password.
About defining roles with capabilities
Add and edit roles with Splunk Web
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 7.1.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.1.3, 7.1.4, 7.1.5, 7.1.6, 7.1.7, 7.1.8, 7.1.9, 7.1.10, 7.2.0, 7.2.1, 7.2.2, 7.2.3, 7.2.4, 7.2.5, 7.2.6, 7.2.7, 7.2.8, 7.2.9, 7.2.10, 7.3.0, 7.3.1, 7.3.2, 7.3.3, 7.3.4, 7.3.5, 7.3.6, 7.3.7, 7.3.8, 7.3.9, 8.0.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.2, 8.0.3, 8.0.4, 8.0.5, 8.0.6, 8.0.7, 8.0.8, 8.0.9