Where to get more apps and add-ons
You can find new apps and add-ons on Splunkbase. You can also browse new apps from the Splunk Enterprise home page.
How you obtain new apps and add-ons from your Splunk Enterprise instance depends on whether or not your instance has a connection to the Internet.
Get Splunk apps and add-ons when there is an Internet connection
If your Splunk Enterprise server or your client machine has a connection to the Internet, you can navigate to the app browser from the home page.
- You can click the + sign below your last installed app to go directly to the app browser.
- You can also click the gear next to Apps to go to the apps manager page. Click Browse more apps to go to the app browser.
Considerations for updating apps using instances that you have secured or that use proxied Internet connections
If Splunk Web is located behind a proxy server, you might have trouble accessing Splunkbase. To address this problem, set the
HTTP_PROXY environment variable on the machine that runs Splunk Enterprise, as described in Use Splunk Web with a reverse proxy configuration.
If you secure your installation with Secure Sockets Layer and your own certificates, and especially if you configure the instance to explicitly verify those certificates for each connection, you might need to either perform additional configuration to ensure that your instance can access Splunkbase through Splunk Web or use the CLI to update the apps. See About securing Splunk Enterprise with SSL for information on the settings you need to change to ensure Splunk Web connects to Splunkbase when you have enabled certificates and explicit certificate checking..
Get Splunk apps and add-ons where there is no Internet connection
If your Splunk Enterprise instance and client do not have Internet connectivity, you must download apps from Splunkbase on a machine that does, and subsequently copy them over to the instance:
- From a computer that has an internet connection, browse the Splunkbase website for the app or add-on you want.
- Download the app or add-on.
- After you download the app or add-on, use the file management tools on your machine to copy it to your Splunk Enterprise instance.
- On the Splunk Enterprise instance, put the app or add on in the
- Unpack the app or add-on, using a command-line or GUI tool like
tar -xvf(on *nix) or WinZip on Windows.
Splunk apps and add-ons are packaged with a .SPL extension, but the file format is a tarred and gzipped archive. You might need to configure your tool to recognize this extension.
- Depending on the app or add-on contents, you might need to restart Splunk Enterprise.
- Your app or add-on is now installed and will be available from Splunk Home if it has a Splunk Web component.
Configure Splunk Web to open directly to an app
App deployment overview
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 6.5.7, 7.0.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.0.4, 7.0.5, 7.0.6, 7.0.7, 7.0.8, 7.0.9, 7.0.10, 7.0.11, 7.0.13, 7.1.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.1.3, 7.1.4, 7.1.5, 7.1.6, 7.1.7, 7.1.8, 7.1.9, 7.1.10, 7.2.0, 7.2.1, 7.2.2, 7.2.3, 7.2.4, 7.2.5, 7.2.6, 7.2.7, 7.2.8, 7.2.9, 7.2.10, 7.3.0, 7.3.1, 7.3.2, 7.3.3, 7.3.4, 7.3.5, 7.3.6, 7.3.7, 7.3.8, 7.3.9, 8.0.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.2, 8.0.3, 8.0.4, 8.0.5, 8.0.6, 8.0.7, 8.0.8, 8.0.9, 8.0.10, 8.1.0, 8.1.1, 8.1.2, 8.1.3, 8.1.4, 8.1.5, 8.1.6, 8.1.7, 8.1.8, 8.1.9, 8.1.10, 8.1.11, 8.2.0, 8.2.1, 8.2.2, 8.2.3, 8.2.4, 8.2.5, 8.2.6, 8.2.7, 8.2.8, 9.0.0, 9.0.1