Create a dashboard
Dashboards are created in the context of a particular app. For example, if you are using the Search and Reporting app, dashboards use this app context.
After you create a dashboard, you can modify its permissions to share or manage access for other users. You can also modify the app context.
- Use one of the following options.
From What to do Dashboards page Click Create new dashboard Saving a visualization
- Select Save as > Existing Dashboard or New Dashboard
- Click New to create a new dashboard using this panel.
- Provide a Title, an ID if you don't want to use the title default, and Description for the dashboard. Each dashboard requires a unique ID, but titles do not have to be unique.
- Specify permissions.
- Choose to build your dashboard in the Classic framework. If you choose to build it in Dashboard Studio, see Create a dashboard in Dashboard Studio in the Splunk Dashboard Studio manual.
- Save the dashboard. Use one of the following options.
From Click Dashboards page Click Create Dashboard Saving a visualization Click Save
- Add panels, convert the dashboard to a form, or edit dashboard content.
For more information, see the following topics.
About the dashboard editor
Working with dashboard panels
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 8.2.2, 8.2.3, 8.2.4, 8.2.5, 8.2.6, 8.2.7, 8.2.8, 9.0.0, 9.0.1, 8.2.1, 8.2.0