Configure a license peer
This topic discusses configuring a Splunk Enterprise instance as a license peer. Before you proceed, review these topics:
- Read Allocate license volume for general information about allocating license volume across Splunk Enterprise instances.
- Read Configure a license manager for instructions on configuring a license manager.
Configure the instance as a license peer
- Log into Splunk Web and navigate to Settings > Licensing.
- Click Change to Peer.
- Switch the radio button from Designate this Splunk instance as the license server to Designate a different Splunk instance as the license server.
- Specify the license manager. You must provide an IP address or a hostname, and include the management port. The default management port is 8089.
- Click Save.
- Restart Splunk Enterprise services.
Use the command line to manage licenses
You can also use the command line to configure a license peer. For examples, see Manage license peers.
Revert a license peer to a standalone license
A standalone instance uses a locally installed license. You will need a Splunk Enterprise license to revert a license peer to an independent instance.
- Log into Splunk Web, and navigate to Settings > Licensing.
- Click Switch to local manager.
If this instance does not already have an Enterprise license installed, you must restart Splunk for this change to take effect.
Install a license
Create or edit a license pool
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 9.0.0, 9.0.1, 9.0.2, 9.0.3, 9.0.4, 9.0.5, 9.0.6, 9.1.0, 9.1.1