Configure global Edge Processor settings
The Edge Processor service supports several configuration settings that apply to all Edge Processors that are part of the same cloud tenant. These settings determine behavior such as which port your Edge Processors uses to listen for incoming data, and the amount of computing resources that an Edge Processor can use before warnings are raised.
- Select Edge Processors, and then select Global settings.
- To specify the amount of computing resources that an Edge Processor can use before it enters a Warning state due to high resource usage, select the Other settings tab then select Edit to configure the following settings in the Warning threshold section:
Field Description CPU threshold The percentage of the total allocated CPU processing power that an Edge Processor can use before a warning is raised Memory threshold The percentage of the total allocated memory that an Edge Processor can use before a warning is raised
- To specify how Edge Processors receive data from universal and heavy forwarders, select Edit in the Splunk forwarders section and then configure the following settings:
Field Description Port The number of the TCP port used to receive data from forwarders Maximum channels The number of channels an Edge Processor can use to receive data from forwarders
- To specify the port that Edge Processors use to receive data from HTTP clients and logging agents through HTTP Event Collector (HEC), in the HTTP Event Collector section, select Edit then enter your desired port number in the Port field.
- To specify the port that Edge Processors use to receive data from syslog data sources, in the Syslog section, select New Port and then configure the following settings:
Field Description Port The number of the TCP or UDP port used to receive data from forwarders Source type The metadata assigned to incoming syslog data to allow pipeline processing RFC protocol The standard that defines the format of your syslog data
- Select Save to save your changes, and then select Edge Processors to return to the Edge Processor management page.
- If you changed the Port setting in the Splunk forwarders or HTTP Event Collector sections, make sure to update the configurations of your data sources to account for the updated port number. Review and update these configurations as needed:
Type of data source Configuration instructions Splunk forwarders In the outputs.conf file, make sure that the
serverproperty specifies the correct port number.
HTTP clients or logging agents using HTTP Event Collector (HEC) Make sure that the HTTP requests for sending data to the Edge Processor are directed to the correct port number.
If your HTTP requests are directed to a load balancer, make sure that the load balancer is configured to pass the requests to the correct port number.
Syslog devices Make sure that the syslog requests for sending data to the Edge Processor are directed to the correct port number.
Your updated settings are automatically applied to all current Edge Processors. Additionally, your updated settings are used by default for any new Edge Processors that you set up afterwards.
Manage and uninstall Edge Processors
Edge Processor pipeline syntax
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk Cloud Platform™: 9.0.2209, 9.0.2303, 9.0.2305 (latest FedRAMP release)