Verify a successful upgrade of Splunk UBA
After upgrading Splunk UBA, verify a successful upgrade.
Verify all the data sources that were processing before the upgrade are running and processing data.
- Log in to Splunk UBA in a web browser.
- From the Splunk UBA toolbar, select Manage > Data Sources.
- Verify that data sources are processing data and EPS is not zero.
Review the upgrade script output
If the upgrade failed, review the output from the upgrade script. Splunk UBA Web does not load if the upgrade is unsuccessful.
- Review the output from the upgrade script in
- If needed, work with Splunk Support to resolve upgrade errors.
After resolving errors with the upgrade, run the upgrade script again. The upgrade script skips successful steps and only runs failed steps again.
Review the Health Monitor dashboard
Verify that all Splunk UBA services are running on the Health Monitor dashboard to confirm a successful upgrade.
- Select System > Health Monitor to review the Health Monitor dashboard.
See Monitor the health of your Splunk UBA deployment in the Administer Splunk User Behavior Analytics manual.
Upgrade a Splunk UBA deployment that is using warm standby
Configure Splunk UBA
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® User Behavior Analytics: 126.96.36.199, 5.1.0, 188.8.131.52, 5.2.0
Feedback submitted, thanks!