Upgrade a single node RHEL, CentOS, or Oracle Linux installation of Splunk UBA
Before upgrading Splunk UBA on a single server, be sure you have verified the Upgrade Splunk UBA prerequisites.
Single server upgrade steps
Ensure that Splunk UBA is running before you upgrade, then perform the following tasks to upgrade Splunk UBA on a single server.
- Obtain the Splunk UBA Software Update and download the file to the
/home/caspidadirectory. Select version 5.0.5 from the drop-down list. The downloadable archive file is named
- Extract the archive with the following command:
tar xfz /home/caspida/splunk-uba-software-update_505.tgz -C /home/caspida
The following files are extracted:
- Extract the software update package in the
tar xfz /home/caspida/splunk-uba-software-update-000059-505.tgz -C /home/caspida
- Apply the patch with the following command:
The command installs the new Splunk UBA software, restarts Splunk UBA, and then restarts the data sources.
/home/caspida/patch_uba_505/bin/utils/patch_uba.sh -p /home/caspida/patch_uba_505 -e /home/caspida/uba-ext-pkgs-5.0.5.tgz
Apply security patches on your Linux operating system
Perform the following tasks to apply the latest Linux operating system security patches:
- Log in to the Splunk UBA server as the caspida user.
- Run the following command to stop Splunk UBA and all services:
- Run the following command to install the security plugin:
sudo yum -y install yum-plugin-security
- Run the following commands to check for any available security updates:
sudo yum updateinfo list security all sudo yum updateinfo list sec
- Run the following command to update all packages with the available security updates:
sudo yum update --security -y sudo yum --security update-minimal
- Reboot the system:
- Run the following command to start Splunk UBA and all services:
Upgrade a single node AMI or OVA installation of Splunk UBA
Upgrade a distributed AMI or OVA installation of Splunk UBA
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® User Behavior Analytics: 5.0.5