Upgrade Splunk UBA prerequisites
Splunk UBA 5.0.5 requires any Splunk UBA 5.0.x release. See How to install or upgrade to this release of Splunk UBA for upgrade path information.
Before you upgrade, perform the following tasks:
- In RHEL Linux environments:
- Ensure that Splunk UBA has access to RHEL repositories.
- Review the External dependencies affected by this upgrade in the Release Notes.
- Review the Known issues for this release in the Release Notes.
- The software update contains two archive files approximately 300MB and 275MB in size. The total extracted size is approximately 1GB. Verify that you have enough free space in
/home/caspidato store the downloaded the extracted installer files.
- Backup your system. See Prepare to backup Splunk UBA in Administer Splunk User Behavior Analytics.
- Make sure your system is running normally by using the
uba_pre_check.shshell script.See Check system status before and after installation for more information about the script.
Upgrade your Splunk UBA deployment
After satisfying the prerequisite requirements, go to one of the following:
Secure the default account after installing Splunk UBA
Upgrade a single node AMI or OVA installation of Splunk UBA
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® User Behavior Analytics: 5.0.5