Configure inputs for the Splunk Add-on for Cisco ASA
All production deployments should utilize Splunk Connect For Syslog to forward syslog data into the Splunk platform. This solution provides improved simplicity and scalability, among other benefits. For more information, see https://splunk.github.io/splunk-connect-for-syslog/main/sources for general information and https://splunk.github.io/splunk-connect-for-syslog/main/sources/vendor/Cisco/cisco_asa for specifics related to SC4S use with Cisco ASA.
Configure your Cisco ASA devices to send log information to the Splunk Enterprise platform over TCP or UDP
- Configure your Cisco ASA server to send data to the Splunk platform. See Cisco ASA setup requirements.
- Know which source types you are collecting. See Source types for the Splunk Add-on for Cisco ASA.
- On your data collection node, configure an open TCP or UDP port to listen and collect data via TCP or UDP streams. Set your TCP or UDP input type in the Splunk platform based on the port set in your Cisco ASA server to send data using syslog.
- * See Get data from TCP and UDP ports for complete instructions on configuring the input. Be sure to specify
cisco:asasource type supported by this add-on. For example, in
[tcp://<port>] sourcetype = cisco:asa
- To configure the ASA to send system log messages to a syslog server, execute the following command:
hostname(config)# logging host interface_name ip_address [tcp[/port] | udp[/port]] [format emblem]
- Restart the Splunk platform.
Upgrade the Splunk Add-on for Cisco ASA
Troubleshoot the Splunk Add-on for Cisco ASA
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Supported Add-ons: released
Feedback submitted, thanks!