Install an add-on in a single-instance Splunk Enterprise deployment
All add-ons are supported in a single-instance Splunk Enterprise deployment.
Follow these steps to install an add-on in a single-instance deployment.
- Download the add-on from Splunkbase.
- From the Splunk Web home screen, click the gear icon next to Apps.
- Click Install app from file.
- Locate the downloaded file and click Upload.
- If Splunk Enterprise prompts you to restart, do so.
- Verify that the add-on appears in the list of apps and add-ons. You can also find it on the server at
If you are using separate forwarders in conjunction with your single-instance deployment, be sure to deploy the add-on to your forwarders as well.
Where to install Splunk add-ons
Install an add-on in a distributed Splunk Enterprise deployment
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Supported Add-ons: released