Configure Salesforce object inputs for the Splunk add-on for Salesforce
Configure Salesforce object inputs for the Splunk Add-on for Salesforce using Splunk Web or via configuration files using the information in the following input parameters tables.
Due to the complexity of the setup, Splunk recommends configuring inputs for Salesforce via Splunk Web.
Before you configure Salesforce object inputs, see the following three points:
- The Splunk add-on for Salesforce provides seven default inputs. The basic settings of these inputs are configured. If you want to use these inputs, You need to add your Salesforce account and token before enabling them.
- If you want to use this add-on with Splunk App for Salesforce, you must enable six default inputs provided by this add-on. They are
- Make sure your Salesforce account has enough permission to access the Salesforce object(s) you want to get data from. See Configure Salesforce account to collect data.
Configure Salesforce object inputs via Splunk web
- Click Create New Input in the Inputs tab, and then choose Salesforce Object. If you want to use the default inputs provided by Splunk, click Action > Edit.
- Enter the information in the related fields using the following input parameters table.
Each attribute in the following table corresponds to a field in Splunk Web:
|Attribute||Corresponding field in Splunk Web||Description|
||Salesforce Account||The Salesforce account which has enough permission to get the related data in.|
||Object||The Salesforce object you want to get the data from.|
||Object Fields||Object fields from which to collect data. You can add multiple fields separated by commas (,).|
||Order by||The datetime field by which to query results in ascending order for indexing.|
||Interval||The number of seconds to wait before the Splunk platform runs the command again.|
||Index||The index in which to store Salesforce object data. The default is default.|
||Query Start Date||The add-on starts collecting data with a date later than this. The format is YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss.000z and the default value is 90 days earlier from now. For example, 2015-01-01T00:00:00.000z would represent January 1, 2015.|
||Delay||To delay the live data collection by the specified value. This resolves the missing data issue caused by the delayed processing of events from the Salesforce server. The default is 0 seconds.|
When to configure the delay parameter while creating Salesforce Objects
Use the delay found on the Salesforce platform for publishing events to configure the delay parameter:
- The default value of the delay parameter is 0 seconds.
- For example, if there's a delay of 10 seconds for events getting published in the Salesforce platform, configure the delay parameter with integer value "10". That way, the data collection will happen 10 seconds after the real-time.
Set up the Splunk Add-on for Salesforce
Configure event log inputs for the Splunk add-on for Salesforce
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Supported Add-ons: released, released
Feedback submitted, thanks!