Release notes for the Splunk Common Information Model Add-on
Version 4.17.0 of the Splunk Common Information Model Add-on was released on August 12, 2020.
Version 4.17.x of the Splunk Common Information Model Add-on includes the following new features.
||See Network Traffic.|
|Documentation update for network traffic field mapping.||See Network Traffic Field Mapping|
|Behavior change for Lookup Generating Searches of CIM - Vendor Product Tracker||Addition of |
|Splunk platform version||Upgrade activity|
|7.0.x or later||If you apply custom tags to data mapped to CIM data models and you use these tags in searches and search filters, add these tags to the whitelists for those models. See Set up the Splunk Common Information Model Add-on for details about the tags whitelist field.|
Version 4.16.x of the Splunk Common Information Model Add-on requires Splunk platform version 7.0.x or later. Some workarounds, such as the datamodels spec workaround for tags_whitelist and poll_buckets, are no longer available in version 7.0.x and later. This might lead to btool check warnings at startup.
This version of the Splunk Common Information Model Add-on fixes the following issues.
This version of the Splunk Common Information Model Add-on has the following reported known issues. If this section is empty, this release has no reported known issues.
Deprecated or removed features
As of version 4.15.0:
- The Predictive Analytics dashboard is removed in favor of Machine Learning Toolkit functionality.
As of version 4.14.0:
- The Predictive Analytics dashboard has been deprecated in favor of Machine Learning Toolkit functionality and will be removed in a future version.
As of version 4.13.0:
As of version 4.12.0:
- The modaction_invocations_rest_handler.py (alerts/modaction_invocations) has been deprecated and will be removed in a future version.
- The following previously deprecated configurations have been removed.
- Deprecated data models: Application State and Change Analysis
As of version 4.11.0:
- The index definition
cim_summaryhas been removed.
- Several configurations are deprecated and will be removed in a future release.
Third-party software attributions
The Splunk Common Information Model Add-on does not incorporate any third-party software or libraries.
Set up the Splunk Common Information Model Add-on
Support and resource links for the Splunk Common Information Model Add-on
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Common Information Model Add-on: 4.17.0