In addition to Splunk Answers, chat, and user groups, there are other resources that you can take advantage of.
Splunk Community portal
The Splunk Community portal contains all the information you will need to connect with the Splunk Community.
From the Splunk education site you can access Getting Started Videos, courses that are focused on specific types of Splunk users, and information about Splunk certification tracks.
The Splunk Community plays an integral role in the quality of the Splunk documentation. The documentation team receives hundreds of feedback emails from Splunk users every month. This feedback consists of questions, requests for clarifications or corrections, suggestions, and examples.
Because the Splunk Community takes the time to send the documentation team feedback, the documentation team is committed to responding to the feedback as quickly as possible. The feedback provided by the Splunk Community leads to improvements in the documentation. These improvements benefit both the person who initiated the feedback as well as every other user of the documentation.
The documentation team has also produced these quick reference guides:
The Splunk Lantern customer success center publishes articles written by Splunk software experts, showcasing content like product tips, use case explorers, guided pathways, and best practices.
Splunk RSS feeds
To keep up with the latest changes, follow these RSS feeds.
- Splunk Security Portal: http://www.splunk.com/page/securityportal/rss
- Splunk Code releases: http://www.splunk.com/page/release_rss
Use the Splexicon to learn about unique Splunk terminology. Each Splexicon entry includes a description of the term and links to related information in the documentation.
Splunk Apps and Add-ons
The splunk>dev site contains resources for any developers who are interested in building Splunk apps and add-ons.
Splunk icon sets
Splunk offers Visio and Omnigraffle files that you can use to create your own Splunk software deployment diagrams. You can download the files here:
For guidance about the use of the icons, see the Splunk Icon Style Guide.
To change the label for icons in Visio:
- Place the icon on the page.
- Right-click and select Group > Open <iconName>
- Scroll down to the embedded text.
- Right-click on the text and select Edit Text.
The Splunk Shop is your one-stop shop to purchase all your Splunk branded and approved memorabilia, giveaways, and of course, the legendary Splunk T-shirts!
You can subscribe to posts on Splunk Blogs either by subscribing to specific categories of blog posts or by subscribing to all of the categories.
Sites run by Splunk Community members
These sites are not developed or maintained by Splunk, but are run by passionate members of the Splunk community.
- GoSplunk is a repository of searches contributed by members of the community for anyone to adapt to their Splunk environments.
- The Splunk Gallery is a community supported collection of Splunk artifacts, media, and stories throughout the years.
- The Splunk Reactions Tumblr is a lighthearted look at the world of Splunk and the community that never takes itself too seriously while having a laugh, or maybe a cry – accompanied, of course, by GIFs.
Conferences and events
This documentation applies to the following versions of Get Started with Splunk® Community: current