Splunk Firehose Nozzle for VMware Tanzu
|VMware Tanzu Loggregator
|Visible in Splunk Web
|No. This product does not contain any views.
This documentation describes the Splunk Firehose Nozzle for VMware Tanzu. Splunk Firehose Nozzle integrates with the VMware Tanzu Loggregator and forwards streaming logs and metrics from user apps and system components of Cloud Foundry, and forwards them to user-specified Splunk Enterprise indexers that are configured to receive data via HTTP Event Collector. VMware Tanzu operators can then search and analyze Firehose data about their VMware Tanzu infrastructure, from their Splunk Enterprise deployment. This operational visibility can be used to build reports, dashboards, and alerts on the health and performance of their apps and system components.
Splunk Firehose Nozzle for VMware Tanzu includes the following key features:
- Setup with out-of-the-box data parsing and enrichment for various VMware Tanzu event types.
- Reliable event delivery by leveraging Splunk's HTTP Event Collector endpoint.
- Secure forwarding from VMware Tanzu into external Splunk environments using user-provided SSL certificates.
- Scales out to meet increasing data volume and number of apps.
- Comes with events tracing and memory queue pressure monitoring capabilities for back-pressure insights.
Download Splunk Firehose Nozzle for VMware Tanzu from Splunkbase.
For a summary of new features, fixed issues, and known issues, see the Release Notes for Splunk Firehose Nozzle for VMware Tanzu.
For information about installing and configuring Splunk Firehose Nozzle for VMware Tanzu, see the Installation section of this manual.
For more information about Loggregator, see the Loggregator Architecture topic in the Pivotal documentation.
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Firehose Nozzle for VMware Tanzu: 1.3.0