Add Splunk Industrial Asset Intelligence accounts manually
You can use the Splunk Enterprise access control system to add Splunk Industrial Asset Intelligence accounts manually. Adding accounts manually is only necessary if you are not using LDAP or scripted authentication to handle user management in your organization. For more information about adding and managing accounts in your environment, see About user authentication in Securing Splunk Enterprise.
To create a new Splunk IAI admin or user manually using Splunk Web, follow these steps.
- Your role must have the
- You must have selected or created the role to which the user should be assigned. See Manage role-based access to Splunk Industrial Asset Intelligence for details about the default roles provided by Splunk IAI and how to create custom roles to control data access.
- Access Splunk Web on your search head.
- Select Settings > Access Controls.
- In the row for Users, click Add new.
- Enter a name, email address, and temporary password for your new user.
- (Optional) Set the default app to
splunk_app_iai (Industrial Asset Intelligence).
- In the Assign to roles section, select a role. You can assign users to the default roles provided for use with Splunk IAI,
iai_user, or to custom roles that you create.
- Click Save.
- Send an email to your new user to let them know their username and temporary password.
Manage role-based access to Splunk Industrial Asset Intelligence
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Industrial Asset Intelligence (Legacy): 1.1.0, 1.1.1, 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.3.0
Feedback submitted, thanks!