This topic provides an overview of the dashboards provided in the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure. It describes each of the dashboard groups and available menu options, and provides links to additional information about each dashboard group.
When you open the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure, Splunk displays the Overview page. This page contains several sections:
- Windows - this dashboard displays links to the Windows group of dashboards - including health, resource utilization, and Windows Update status.
- Active Directory - This dashboard displays links to Active Directory group of dashboards - including health, security, and change management.
- Logons by Locked-Out Users and Mailbox Volume - These dashboards appear if you enable all of the Windows and Active Directory components in the configuration phase.
- Additional Resources - This dashboard provides links to this documentation and a set of tips and tricks on how to build your own custom dashboards.
The Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure also has several menu options which display in every page:
- Windows - Provides access to all dashboards in the Windows group.
- Active Directory - Provides access to all dashboards in the Active Directory group.
- Dashboards - Takes you to the View Dashboards and Create New Dashboard pages. There, you can either view existing dashboards, or create new ones.
- Search - Opens a Search window which lets you use the Splunk search language to retrieve events from the data that the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure has collected.
- Tools & Settings - Takes you to the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure configuration page.
Configure the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® App for Windows Infrastructure: 1.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3, 1.0.4