This topic contains information on new features, known issues, and updates as we version the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure.
The latest version of the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure was released on Wednesday, May 21, 2014.
Here's what's new in the latest version of the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure:
- Bug fixes.
Current known issues
The Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure has the following known issues:
- When you install the
TA-DomainController-2012R2on a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain controller that does not hold the DNS Server role, the
ad-health.ps1script within the add-on fails to run because of missing PowerShell cmdlets. This problem has been addressed and will be fixed in a future version of the product. (MSAPP-2750)
- The dashboard builder does not work properly with Internet Explorer version 8 or earlier. To work around the problem, use another Splunk Enterprise-supported browser. (MSAPP-2259, MSAPP-2277)
- Column sorting does not work properly on the Network Monitor browser page. (MSAPP-1815, SPL-80746)
- Searches in the Host Performance page can be slow. (MSAPP-2276)
- If you click the Back button on your browser when you are in the Setup page for the app, the app incorrectly reloads the Setup page instead of returning you to the page you were on before you loaded the Setup page. This problem appears to only happen with Internet Explorer 11. (MSAPP-2245)
- Some minor artifacts occur when you collapse the "Add Panels" sidebar on the Dashboard Builder page. (MSAPP-2109)
- Some minor artifacts occur when navigating through the app menus. (MSAPP-2061)
- The app displays errors when you change the root endpoint. (MSAPP-2389)
Change log (what's been fixed)
- A problem that caused some menus and dashboard pages in the Active Directory module to render incompletely or not at all has been fixed. (MSAPP-2633)
Best practices guide
Third-party software attributions/credits
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® App for Windows Infrastructure: 1.0.2