Install the Splunk ODBC driver on macOS
The Splunk Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) driver is installed on a macOS machine in your environment, and not in your Splunk platform deployment. To install the Splunk ODBC Driver, perform the following steps:
- Download the Splunk ODBC driver from Splunkbase.
- Open the appropriate driver package, click Continue, read the license agreement, and, if you accept the terms, select the top option and click Continue. If a license dialog appears, click Agree.
- (Optional.) Change the default install directory (located in the
/Library/odbcdirectory) and click Continue.
- On the Installation Type dialog box, click Install
- On the Configure Splunk ODBC Driver screen, enter your Splunk credentials.
- URL: Enter the URL of the Splunk Enterprise server. This field has the address of a local Splunk server. If the Splunk instance to which you're connecting isn't running locally, enter the Splunk server's address. Include the right scheme, as well as the port number. The default scheme is HTTPS, and the default port number is 8089. Do not enter the Splunk Web port (port 8000). If your Splunk setup has a load balancer, enter the address of the load balancer instead. For more information, see Configure the load balancer.
- Username: Enter a user ID for your Splunk server. The user ID doesn't have to be assigned an admin role. For more information about users and roles, see "About users and roles" in the Splunk Enterprise Admin Manual..
- Type Password: Password for your Splunk platform instance.
You must change your Splunk Enterprise user password from the default "changeme" password, or else the Splunk ODBC Driver can't connect to your Splunk Enterprise instance.
- Re-type Password: Password for your Splunk platform instance.
- Click Install Software. If a dialog box appears, asking for your local admin password, enter your password, and click Install Software.
- When the installation is complete, click Close.
Your Splunk credentials serve as the default credentials for the Splunk ODBC driver. They can be overridden with different credentials when a user configures their business intelligence (BI) tool to connect to their Splunk platform instance.
Configure the Load Balancer
Verify installation of the Splunk ODBC driver on macOS
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® ODBC Driver: 3.1.0