Configure the Splunk ODBC driver to work with Microsoft Excel on Microsoft Windows
Follow these steps to Configure the Splunk Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) driver to work with Microsoft Excel on a Microsoft Windows system.
- In Microsoft Excel, open a new worksheet.
- Click the Data tab.
- In the Data tab, click Get Data > From Other Sources, and click From ODBC.
- In the From ODBC window, select Splunk ODBC from the Data source name (DSN) drop-down list, and click OK.
- In the Navigator window, select ODBC > All from the Display Options menu.
- In the ODBC driver window, enter the username and password for your Splunk platform instance, and click Connect. Microsoft connects to your Splunk platform server.
- In the Navigator menu, select your saved search from the list, and click Load.
The saved search may load slowly. Performance depends on the computing power of the client machine, network speed, search complexity, and data volume.
For more information, see the Use the Query Wizard to define a query topic in the Microsoft Office documentation.
Configure the Load Balancer
Configure the Splunk ODBC driver to work with Tableau Desktop on Microsoft Windows
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® ODBC Driver: 3.1.0, 3.1.1
Feedback submitted, thanks!