eventstats command syntax details
The required syntax is in bold.
- <aggregation> ...
The AS and BY keywords are displayed in uppercase in the syntax and examples to make the syntax easier to read. You can specify these keywords in uppercase or lowercase.
- Syntax: <aggregate-function> "("<field>")" [AS <field>] ["," <aggregate-function> "("<field> ")" [AS <field>] ]...
- Description: A statistical aggregation function. The function can be applied to an eval expression, or to a field or set of fields. You can specify multiple aggregation functions. Separate each aggregation function with a comma.
- By default, the name of the field added to the output is the same as your function. For example, if your search is
... | eventstats avg(bytes)the field name in the output is
avg(bytes). Use the AS clause to place the generated result into a new field with a name that you specify, for example
... | eventstats avg(bytes) AS 'avg of bytes'.
- The syntax for the <aggregate-function> depends on the function that you use. See Quick Reference for SPL2 Stats and Charting Functions for information about the statistical functions.
- Syntax: allnum=<bool>
- Description: If set to
true, computes numerical statistics on each field, if and only if, all of the values in that field are numerical. If you have a BY clause, the
allnumargument applies to each group independently.
- Default: false
- Syntax: BY <field> [span=<timespan>] ["," <field> [span=<timespan>] ]...
- Description: The name of one or more fields to group the results by. You can specify a time span to apply to the grouping. The <by-clause> returns one row for each distinct value in the <by-clause> fields. You cannot use the wildcard character to specify multiple fields with similar names. You must specify each field separately.
- Default: If no <by-clause> is specified, the
eventstatscommand returns only one row, which is the aggregation over the entire incoming result set.
eventstats command overview
eventstats command usage
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Cloud Services: current