Create and download or upload a diagnostic file
can create diagnostic files that contain selectable categories of data to help Splunk Support diagnose issues with your deployment. You need an active support case, and credentials for the Support Portal to upload the diagnostic file to Splunk Support. For more information on opening a support case, see the heading Splunk Technical Support in the topic Administer .
Create a diagnostic file
Diagnostic files can be created using the web-based user interface.
From the Home menu, select Administration, then System Health, then Debugging.
- (Optional) Click the ► symbol next to Advanced.
- (Optional) Select the checkboxes for the categories you want to include in your diagnostic file; Instance, System, Database, Apps, Filesystem, and Cloud. The default setting includes all sections except filesystem.
- (Optional) Select the range of logs you want to include in your diagnostic file; All Logs or Recent Logs. The default is All Logs.
- To download the diagnostic file locally click Download Logs.
- To upload your diagnostic file and attach it to your support case, click "Upload to Support".
- Type your Support Portal username, password, and case number.
- Click Login and Upload.
Usernames must be submitted in all lowercase letters.
Configure the logging levels for the action daemon
Enable and download audit trail logs in
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® SOAR (Cloud): current