View and create notes in
You can create a note in when working with events, tasks, and cases. Use the Notes tab to view all of the notes, regardless of who created them.
Create a note
To create a note, follow these steps:
- Navigate to an event, task, or case in .
- Click the Notes tab.
- Enter a title and body text for your note.
- (Optional) Add an attachment by clicking the paper clip icon. You can upload a new attachment of up to 20 MB. To upload a larger attachment, first upload it using the Files tab. You can then add the larger file to the note as an existing file using the paper clip icon.
- (Optional) Click the image icon to add a new or existing image of up to 2 MB. Supported image file types include JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, and ICO. Images appear inline in the body of the note once the note is saved.
- Click Save.
You can filter notes by doing the following:
- In the Show field, select either Task Notes, General Notes, or Artifact Notes from the drop-down list. By default, all notes are displayed.
- In the Sort field, sort by the Newest or Oldest notes.
Using HTML and Markdown in notes
supports clickable links and inline images when notes are written in Markdown. Clickable links and inline images are not supported when notes are written in HTML.
View recommendations for mission experts, playbooks, and actions
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® SOAR (On-premises): 5.1.0, 5.2.1, 5.3.1, 5.3.2, 5.3.3, 5.3.4, 5.3.5, 5.4.0